Friday, August 17, 2012


Friday August 17, 2012


Well today has been an interesting day so far.  We headed up the river this morning about 7:30 but were back in port by 8:30.  The weather was very ominous this morning.  The wind is howling and the black clouds were all around us.  It was a slow go up the river going full power.  As I looked at the clouds all around I asked that we return and do something else today.  The weather is poor for just about any activity.  If it gets nice we will go to Drummond Island on the bikes or walk.  The ferry is just a block away and I’m sure we can explore whatever form of transportation we decide on.  Not so interested in bucking 20 mile an hour winds on the bike though.  There is quite a lot of activity the short time we were sailing up the river.  Several freighters passed us and we even saw a freighter which had been pulled to shore to be made into a bed and breakfast.    Coming back into port was relatively easy.  Following us in was a couple from Lapeer who are on a 40 footer.  They seem to be seasoned sailors.  The previous night they were anchored off near a friend’s house just up river.  They said it was very rough out there during the rain and storm.  I can believe it because we were heeled and bounced around at the dock in port.  I don’t know now what the day has in store but I am sure I can find something to do. 
So far I have been doing a lot of playing with my computer and learning the differant functions.  The sun is shining but the wind is still howling.  I think it is time to go for a hike or bike. 
We did manage to go for a bike ride on Drummond Island.  We wen over on the ferry and had dinner on the island and then back again.  We did abour 25 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment