Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday April 30


Today we all rode a hard 34.8 miles. It seemed that we always rode against the wind. I could hear Clara behind me every time we turned a corner and the wind hit us "Oh My god". We changed the route as we went because of issues with the google route, which has been a problem to one extent or other most of the week. It was hotter today than the other days and we were parched most of the day. I went through a considerable amount of water. We arrived at the Days Inn in Washington at about 2PM. Paul presented all the ladies on the ride with a rose. This was a very pleasant end to our riding. We all packed up our cars and headed for home. The Herndons and we went to Virginia Beach from here and walked the boardwalk. Clara and I felt that we deserved a great dinner on the Boardwalk and we got it. We ate at the Rock Fish. Bob and I had surf and turf. Clara got her long awaited steak and Gary had flounder stuffed with crab.

No comments:

Post a Comment